Saturday, May 28, 2011

Giants walk amongst us

I had recently bought a bunch of pre painted heroclix, D&D figures and I am in the midst of repainting them. I have started with some really nice giants.

1st up is an earth giant. It’s a fairly strait forward job of earth tones with a dry brushing in lighter shades and some moss on the arms. It looked much better than the original paint job and did not take long to do. He is a pretty large figure and was really cheap, about $5



Next is a smaller giant (I know oxymoron) but he is. He was another Ok pre paint job but I thought I might do better. He is a hill giant, in barbarian style of dress and would work great in any barbarian army. He is heavily muscled and swinging a large spiked club he also has a great expression on his face which is what I really liked about this figure.







My last giant started out as an Iron hill giant from “Mage knight” he had a boiler on his back with dwarves riding on his shoulders and even though it was a cool figure the way it was, I wanted a more normal looking giant. 1st I removed all the dwarves, the armor on his shoulders and the boiler on his back. Then using pro create putty I rebuilt his arms from the elbows up and added a fur collar quilted animal skin cloaked to his back.(that stuff is great to work with) I started the painting and finished him up in a few days, once again for $7 I had a pretty cool looking giant.

All of the giants were pre painted and fairly cheap money, that being said they are really nicely sculpted figures in great poses and even though they are the rubber type click stuff these were real very sold and well worth the cost.






this is the original

1 comment:

Bryon Smith said...

I'm curious about the size of the Hill Giant and the Mage Knight Giant. I have the earth giant, any way you have a comparison pic so I can get a point of reference before I buy one or both of the others. BTW great paint and conversion work. Thanks for the wonderful ideas.